This is the most famous beach in Bali island. The beach is wide with most complete facilities around the beach. Here you can find easily finest to common hotel and restaurant.
Kuta beach has wide open sand beach and beautiful sunset, also you can doing water sport and sun bathing. This beach is suitable for beginner surfer because the wave just around 0.5 – 1.5 meter. Usually in April – September / October where most offshore wind blows, surfer will enjoy the wave.
On 12 October 2004, the memorial monument of Bali Bombing 2002 was built on the site of destroyed Paddy’s Pub on Legian Street. The memorial is made of intricately carved stone, set with a large marble plaque, which bears the names and nationalities of each of those killed. It is flanked by the national flags of the victims. The monument is well-maintained and illuminated at night.
The other thing you can do in Kuta area are shopping, find local and international food and also you can enjoy performance of Balinese dance and music. You can looking around Kuta – Legian street and also you can go to Kuta Square for shopping or just sight seeing.
To the south, Kuta Beach extends beyond the airport into Jimbaran. Other nearby towns and villages include Seseh (12 km), Denpasar (8.5 km), Ujung (3.5 km), Pesanggaran (4 km), Kedunganan (5.5 km) and Tuban (2 km).
If you are looking for cheap accommodation to stay, you can find losmen. And if you are looking for cheap food, you can find warung. Prices completely depend much on the season, so if you want to stay between June-August better book in advance.
- In the ocean it is prohibited to swim near the special flags, that are put by beach staff near the places where the currents are very strong. Always swim between the red and yellow flags, where the lifeguards have deemed it safest and will be the most patrolled area.
- The water in Kuta can be filthy. Stay healthy and try not to swim in the polluted areas.
- Touts and scammers will constantly look for their chance. Be wary of deals. If its sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
- At night, drunk driving & big potholes in the streets are a problem, so be careful in the dark.
- When changing money, either go to an official money changer or ask always for the biggest Rp 100.000. Otherwise scammers give you small Rp 20.000 and make you tired of counting. When asking you for a small notes to match the calculated amount he will try to very quickly take back some money from the bunch of notes.
How to get there ?
"Photos are copyrighted by their owners."