Jakarta is a short name for the capital city of Indonesia. The city legally named as Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta (Special Capital Territory of Jakarta). Jakarta province governs by Governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama (2014 -2017).
Jakarta was formerly known as Sunda Kelapa (397-1527), Jayakarta (1527-1619), Batavia (1619-1942) and Djakarta (1942-1972). The province located on 6°16′0″S 106°48′0″E or on the northwest coast of Java and bordered by Banten Province on the west and West Java Province on the east and south. Jakarta has an area of 661.52 km2 (255.41 mile2) this made Jakarta as the twelfth-largest city in the world with population around 8.5 million people.
The climate in Jakarta is a steady supply of 12 hours daylight throughout the year – round with hot and humid climate (70% humidity averages). The rain season falls (average 1,791 mm) around late October to May with temperature vary around nearly 34oC and 25oC.
- Ancol Jakarta Bay City – This is a one stop tourism beach and amusement parks destination. The area consists of Jakarta’s bay beach area and several amusement parks.
- Gelora Bung Karno Sport Center – This is the largest sports area in Jakarta, which has become most destinations for people doing sports activity.
- Beautiful Indonesia Miniature Park – The park represents Indonesian archipelago by showing characteristic culture of each province. The park also provides several amusement park and museums.
- Jakarta History Museum – This museum also named as Fatahillah museum. The museum is displaying the history of the City of Jakarta, both the events and the community, from the pre-history until these present days.
- National Monument – This is a symbol of national’s independence and situated at the center of Taman Medan Merdeka (Medan Merdeka Square). Inside this monument there is a museum about national fight liberty.
- National Museum – This museum also named as Gedung Gajah (Elephant House) because in the front yard get placed of bronze elephant statue, donated in 1871 by King Chulalongkorn from Thailand.
- Ragunan Zoo – This is the most famous zoo in Jakarta. This object is the most visited place by people in and around Jakarta.
"Photos are copyrighted by their owners."